Monday, June 23, 2008

Ouch!

Today is my first day at work after a long leave and attending courses..do not feel like working and my foot is still in pain. The pain is like neither here nor there...once I feel like I am ok, then it starts all over again. For those who are lost..I am recovering from a sprained ankle and broken li'l toe, currently sporting a nice crutch and white bandage over my ankle. Some calls me House and I have one of my friends calling me Nenek Kebayan for my crutch yielding skills.
To summarize how I ended up like this..I slipped at home, landed on the left side of my foot causing extreme pressure on my li'l toe causing it to pop out of its socket and it turned upside down for half a day before the doctor pulled and pushed it back into its small cosy space. Once the toe returned to its place, the finger tissues are torn and the pain of my sprained ankle begins to set in causing my left foot swollen for 2weeks and until now I cannot walk as normal. Plus, this happened 3days before my MICPA exam. Doctor recommended at least 1month minimal activities for my left foot. I don't know how to manage that with the June peak period looming over my head.
Anyways, I am counting my blessings and thankful for the TLC I received from my dearest parents, siblings, schatz and friends. For those who are traumatized for life from the sight of my li'l toe, very sorry guys but for those who laughed, thank you for nothing ;)

Family: Thanks for the VIP treatment, accompanying me to the exam hall and hospital visits and for just being there for me
Friends: Thanks for the well wishes, jokes, laughs and very much needed - Dunkin Donuts
Schatz: Thanks for visiting every other day, being patient when I am down, walking slowly while I struggle walking around and making me smile when I am in pain

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, kesian cik kak cedera... get well soon!!! update la blog selalu... bersawang je nampak... hehe =p

Anonymous said...

'To summarize how I ended up like this..I slipped at home, landed on bla bla bla'

YA RIGHT!!! heheheheh