Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bad friend

Today I have made one of the unforgivable mistakes of a good friend..not any friend, one of my most treasured friends that I have known for few years now. I wished her happy birthday not on her birthday and to make things worse, her birthday has passed. Being her, she just kept to herself, even picking up my call when I realized my mistake...she had all the rights in the world to ignore me, disown me as a friend or as I suggested throw me into the deep ocean blue, stab me with a knife even beating me up to a pulp. No excuse can make this mistake acceptable..and maybe I am not such a good friend after all.

5 things that friends should not do to each other:
  • Judge...without understanding your friend in the first place, because if you take time to listen you may find out that your friend is not such a bad person after all
  • Silence...when they are in need of help, no matter in what form...sometimes all they need is a shoulder to cry on or to know that someone out there still cares
  • Forget...best wishes on important days i.e.: birthdays, lost of someone they love, weddings, exams, first date or even a new pair of shoe
  • Indifferent...not feeling anything about your friend, people how can you not feel anything for your friend!!
  • Secret...well it is ok not to share everything with your friend, but if you feel something important has happened to you, most probably it will be important to your friend too...do not hesitate to share, good or bad

Well at least these are the things which I feel are important to me, maybe you guys feel differently...

To my dear friend, you are always important to me but I know I have hurt you in many ways throughout our friendship. Nevertheless, your friendship is one of the things that drives me everyday..as you are my inspiration of a good muslimah, professional and person as a whole.

To all my friends, I may not be there all the time, but you know when you need me I will be there for you...love you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She still lucky to have u as a friend yg masih nak hingat b'day dia.... : )
best gile jadi the 1st... 1st to view, 1st to comment.. yee haaaaa